Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Collaboration



I love it when artists collaborate on a piece of art. I was fortunate to have a portrait artist, Lynyia, bring a camera and a diamond ring into the store and ask about having a pendant made.

She brought me a copy of the wings off her logo and asked about putting it all together. I love a challenge, so of course I told her I would give it a try. You can see the logo design has many layers. Lynyia had already decided what the most important elements were and how it might look in 3D. That made my job easier.

I made the wings two-sided in fine silver, in case the pendant spun around. I wanted it to look just as good from the reverse side as it did from the front. Also, I wanted the vintage look on the wings, so I applied a patina of liver of sulphur with ammonia.

If you take a look at her portrait site, you will see why it tied in perfectly to her creations on her site, http://www.lynyia.com/

I hope to see more fun projects like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment